Collaborative Law for Families
Family law is an alternative dispute resolution to resolve legal issues outside of court. When families are faced with family life transitions, the advice and assistance of a divorce lawyer who specializes in collaborative law is crucial to ensure both parties understand the law in order to make lasting, informed decisions.
Family law issues include divorce, division of marital property, custody and relocation issues, child support, spousal support and alimony, prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements, wills, and estate matters.
Collaborative Divorce Considerations
- Divorce, equitable distribution of marital property, support and alimony issues.
- Premarital agreements before marriage and post-marital agreements when parties decide to separate without getting divorced.
- Modifications to child support, child custody, and relocation related to custody.
- Child custody issues including legal and physical custody and parenting plans.
Estate and Business Succession Planning
- Health directives such as living wills which state personal preferences so your wishes are carried out.
- Power of Attorney discussions about who will take care of your financial affairs if you are no longer able to manage them yourself.
- Wills and Estate Contests which manage the disposition of wealth after death.
Experienced Team of Collaborative Divorce Lawyers
The Collaborative Lawyers in our practice are well experienced and required to complete comprehensive training in mediation, collaborative law and are well-versed in the divorce process.
Our divorce attorneys are committed to the practice of Collaborative Law as an alternative to the traditional court process and formalities of court proceedings. Collaborative Law is transparent and requires that the attorneys and other members of the team withdraw from representation if anyone goes (or threatens to go) to court or even threatens to go to court.
Consider the collaborative process for family law if you are looking for a cooperative, confidential environment in which you and your spouse participate in the outcome to create fair and lasting solutions without the financial and emotional cost and unpredictable outcomes of litigation.
We are located throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania, including Bucks County, Montgomery County, Delaware County, Chester County, and Philadelphia. We can help! Contact a member of Collaborative Law Professionals of Southeastern Pennsylvania for the best family law attorneys.
We keep you out of court!
Check out the Split trailer that talks about divorce through a child’s eyes …